Thursday, August 5, 2010

Parker 8 and 9 Months

Parker turned 9 months old last week - another month that has flown by! He went to his 9 month check up today and weighed 17 lbs 11 oz. and was 27 1/4 inches long! Time is going by so fast! He is getting so big and can do so many new things! This is such a fun age!

8 Months:

  • Walking (or running) with his Lion Push Toy
  • Loves reading books
  • While I read him "Pat the Bunny" - He can really interact with the book, doing EVERYTHING! It is so fun to watch
  • Growling and Singing with Daddy
  • Waking up so happy in his bed - loves playing with his "lovies"
  • Steals toys from other babies
9 Months :
  • Very silly! He will just laugh and laugh - uncontrollably - BEST laugh ever!
  • Drinking from his sippy cup
  • Waving Bye Bye
  • Crawling up the stairs (of course with supervision)
  • Eating finely shredded cheddar cheese
(I know I am leaving out so much)

He is on a really great schedule! I love being on a schedule!! He wakes up between 7 and 8AM, takes a morning and afternoon nap and goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:30PM. I can make adjustments to it if we have somewhere to be. I still nurse 4 to 5 times a day and he also eats fruits, vegetables, rice cereal/oatmeal (his favorite) and gerber yogurt. I have to confess I have been buying his food - I have not had time for a "Food Processing" day... I am planning a trip to Whole Foods soon!

Updated: Baby items I use daily :
  • Highchair Cover - LOVE!!
  • DVD Player in car - It has save our life! He does not cry in the car anymore!
  • Rubber Spoons and little plastic bowls
  • Bibs
  • Toys - any and all! This boy loves toys!
  • Johnson and Johnson lotion and foam body wash
  • Disposable diaper sacks - I use for all poo diapers
  • Aquaphor - on booty at night (has never had diaper rash)
  • Drift detergent/Shout Spray and Wash
  • Playtex Breast Pump (for me)
Parker has brought so much joy into our lives, it is hard to remember what life was like before he came into our world! Colt and I are still in awe... we say all the time "Can you believe we have a 9 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) month old?" I feel like time is going by so fast and I am trying to soak it all in! I feel so blessed!!!

Parker laughing at Cooper

Parker yelling

Parker Singing
Parker and Daddy playing at the park


2 comments:

  1. Gosh can you believe where has the time gone Thats awesome that your still nursing him. I wish I could have nursed Hudson longer but the girls dried my milk up. I cant believe 9 months already so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I have really enjoyed nursing! It's so funny b/c I was really unsure about it. I cannot wait to see picks from Hudson's bday!!

    ReplyDelete