Tuesday:
Colt's mom was watching Parker while Colt and I were at the doctor's office. When we arrived home she told us he had vomited several times... My poor sweet boy! So, throughout the rest of the day we had many more vomiting episodes and a pitiful little boy.
Wednesday:
By Wednesday morning I started worrying when he hit the 24 hour mark... I call the doctor's office and they gave me a few things to do and watch for and he seemed to be getting better....
Thursday:
At 1AM, it started all OVER - throwing up every 30 minutes. I started panicking - so I called the on-call nurse and she said to do a teaspoon of liquids every 5 minutes for an hour. By the way this is at 4:30AM. So, by 5:30 he kept everything down and went to sleep! The nurse said he should be getting better now.... THANKFULLY at 7AM Colt's mom arrived to take over - as soon as she arrived Colt began vomiting - OH MY! Luckily, Colt was not near as sick as Parker. So while Mrs. Byrom had Parker - Colt and I slept on and off till about 12:30 - cannot remember the last time we were in bed till 12:30.
Once I got up, I ate and showered and I was ready to go! Mrs. Byrom went to get a few groceries for us. I cleaned and did laundry while the guys slept most of the day. At about 4PM Parker woke up and I gave him a sip of water and right back up it came - PANICKED! I called the Doctors office as they were about to close and she asked, 'can you be here in 5 minutes?' So, Parker and I just BOOKED it to the office in our PJs... I don't even want to know what we looked like. We saw a pediatrician (not our regular) and he was SO sweet and concerned and really checked Parker out and gave me good instructions. Liquids every hour (no matter what)!!! He said this would keep him from getting dehydrated and keep us out of the E.R. - I did just what he told me and it was not easy getting him to take the fluids.
Friday:
Colt's mom arrived again to relive me at 7AM - I was able to get a little rest and shower before we headed back to the doctor's office. When I came into the den Parker was a new person! My baby was walking and "talking"!! He still is not 100% but feels a lot better. We got to see our pediatrician who is WONDERFUL!!! She was so sweet and wants us to keep him on liquids today and introduce bland foods tomorrow. Colt is also doing much better - he is not 100% but getting there. I am just praying I do not get this so I can take care of my guys and our sweet baby BooTwo!! Thank you to everyone who called and emailed checking on us! I really appreciate it!
How sad is this:( Waiting for the Doctor...
No comments:
Post a Comment