Our weekend was fun and relaxing!
It was so nice to have most of the weekend with just the four of us and nothing we had to do!!
Friday night, we visited Colt's grandfather at the nursing home... and Parker was not very good at all. I had to take him to the car to get him to settle down while Colt got to visit with his grandfather. Parker has definitely been going through a stage for a few months now where he can throw some great fits and I am just praying that Colt and I are handling his fits the right way... it is so hard! After, that we went to the Irondale Cafe for dinner. It was really good, and I am usually not a big fan of "cafeteria style" food. Parker was great at dinner, and Beckett slept. Across from the restaurant, there was a nice area built where you could watch the trains as they came by. So after dinner, we went and watched the trains... it was really neat that Parker was able to see his first train.
Saturday, Colt went to the Alabama game with his friend Trey and they had a great time! While Colt was at the game I took the boys to McWane Science Center. I love watching Parker play there! He gets so excited and I think he discovers something new every time we go. When Colt got home we took the boys to the fair. It was not crowded at all and we all really enjoyed it! Parker was too little to ride any rides but we let him play games - one was throwing a ball into moving bowls and he made one! They also had a monkey, grizzly bears, a petting zoo and pig races.
Sunday, we were lazy all morning and after Parker got up from nap we went to Bass Pro Shop. We had never been there before and Colt thought it might be a neat get out of the house treat. It was really nice and they had activities for the kids! We wandered around the store and checked everything out and then ended with dinner at Cracker Barrel.
Monday, was a really lazy and rainy day and we had a late lunch at Colt's parents house.
I hope you all had a great weekend. Sorry, for the long blog post! Here are a ton of pictures from my iPhone.
Waiting on the train
"Choo Choo"
Mommy and Parker
Daddy and Parker
McWane Science Center
Beckett was bored ;)
Parker LOVED this
At the Fair
Fishing
Petting Zoo
The ball game
Sleeping through the fun
Bass Pro Kids Corner
Coloring
The fish
Coloring at dinner
No comments:
Post a Comment